Activities to supplement Journeys First Grade Lesson 8 A Musical Day. Includes crafts, no prep printables, focus wall posters and more!
- Focus Wall Posters for all Main Reading Focuses
- Roll a Spelling and Sight Word Pages
- Short O Word Work Sheet with multiple activities on it
- A Musical Day Spelling Test Sheet
- Vocab Flash Card Student Activity
- Define Words Graphic Organizer
- Sequence of Events Cut and Paste Sheet
- Sequence of Events Draw it Out Graphic Organizer
- Analyze it! Microphone Craft
- Sequence of Events Guitar craft
- Statements Foldable Book
- Comprehension Tri-fold
- Read, Trace, Rainbow Write Sight Words and Spelling words
- Categorize Time Cut and Paste
- Color Me by Spelling Word and Sight Word Sheets
Common Core Addressed:
Use conventional spelling for words with common spelling patterns and for frequently occurring irregular words.
Spell untaught words phonetically, drawing on phonemic awareness and spelling conventions.
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
These three standards are addressed in; Roll a Spelling Word, Spelling Practice, and Color Me By Words to Know.
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
Use illustrations and details in a story to describe its characters, setting, or events.
These standards are addressed in the Tri-Fold. This is also addressed in the craft.
Copyright © Emily Barnes of Emily Education. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
These materials were prepared by a teacher in Washington State and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original Journeys Reading Program work on which this material is based.