Engaging activities for A Tree is a Plant that align with Journeys 1st grade Unit 5 Lesson 24! Includes crafts, printables, worksheets, posters and more!
This Resource Includes:
Need Plant Activities? Click Here!
- Color by Sight Word/ Color by Vowel Digraph
- Focus Wall Posters in color and B/W
- Multiple Meaning Words Flip-flap
- Roll a sight word/ Roll a Vowel Digraph
- Sequence of Events Tree Craft
- Tree Bark Craft for Multiple Meaning Words
- Comprehension tri-fold
- Read, Trace, Write, Rainbow Write High Frequency Words and Spelling Words
- Word Search for Vocab
- Student Vocab Flash Cards
- C.C.S.S. Addressed Page
- Sequence of Events Sheet- Cut and Paste
- Multi Word Work Sheet for Indefinite Pronouns and Vowel Digraphs
- Questions about Trees Writing Sheet
- Tree Life Cycle Student Writing in a Foldable Booklet
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text.
Identify the main topic and retell key details of a text.
These two standards are addressed in the tri-fold, and craft.
Demonstrate understanding of spoken words, syllables, and sounds (phonemes).
Know and apply grade-level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words.
These two standards are addressed in the high frequency and spelling practice.
Determine or clarify the meaning of unknown and multiple-meaning words and phrases based on grade 1 reading and content, choosing flexibly from an array of strategies.
This is addressed in the Vocab Flash cards, and the Multiple Meaning Flip-Flap
Copyright © Emily Barnes. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.
These materials were prepared by a teacher in Washington State and have neither been developed, reviewed, nor endorsed by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company, publisher of the original Journeys Reading Program work on which this material is based.
based on 0
We’d love to help you with any questions about our products. Please contact us.