Teaching Compare and Contrast can be tricky. The goal of this unit is to make it easier for you! This unit can be used through out the year. It has worksheets, crafts, anchor chart posters, and more!
- Teaching Outline Suggestions
- C.C.S.S. Addressed for Kindergarten 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Grade
- Teaching Cards/ Posters for your Focus Wall
- Anchor Charts: One to initially teach compare and contrast. Also a generic Compare and Contrast Anchor Chart to be used with any book.
- Whole Group Sorting Activity with Texts given to you in the unit to help teach Compare and Contrast with a Non-fiction text and a fiction.
- Compare and Contrast Graphic Organizers and Worksheets
- Interactive Notebook Pages
- Two Peas in a Pod Craft
- Candy Craft
- People Art/Craft
- Double Bubble Gum Craft
- Dragonfly Craft
- Caterpillar Craft
- Compare and Contrast Comprehension Tri-Folds (2)- one for text to text, and one for within text
I personally love teaching all comprehension strategies. It is kind of my teaching jam! I have a strong belief in teaching comprehension strategies in the younger grades in order for them to fall in love with reading. I mean, who really wants to just read words for nothing?! What I have done is developed my Compare and Contrast activities into a product that now makes it so you can teach Compare and Contrast with ANY book that is a fiction or a non-fiction story/selection! That way no matter what program you are using you can tie these activities in with it. I have laid out for you a simple way to use Anchor Charts and short reads (that I have provided in this unit) to initially teach Compare and Contrast. Along with some simple worksheets to help them recognize Compare and Contrast. Other than that; all crafts, graphic organizers, ect, have no limit to what book to tie it in with.
Copyright © Emily Barnes of Emily Education. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.