Highly engaging activities for Tacky the Penguin by. Helen Lester. Includes lesson plan outline, crafts, worksheets, digital activities and more! Has a reading comprehension focus of understanding characters.
This Unit Includes:
In Printable Format:
In Digital Format (pre-loaded into Google and Seesaw):
- Teacher Suggestion with Lesson Plan Outline for multiple days
- Understanding Tacky Anchor Chart that is a print and go format. Teaches students about Understanding Characters and how to infer character traits.
- Vocab Anchor Chart with word cards, definitions, and sentences
- Sight Word Cards
- Vocab Flash Card Student Activity
- Sequence of Events Cut and Paste
- Mystery 100 Chart Picture
- Color by Sight Word
- Character Trait Tacky Craft and Drawing: Includes a step by step guide on how to draw Tacky.
- How I am like Tacky… writing and craft
- Comprehension Tri-Fold
- Sequence of Events Move and Place
- Understanding Characters with Tacky Activity
- Tacky Directed Drawing and they type their favorite part
- Vocab Matching
- 100 Mystery Chart Picture of Tacky
- Comprehension Questions
Need more penguin activities?
Penguin Non-fiction Unit
Copyright © Emily Barnes of Emily Education. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.