This unit is packed full of everything you need to teach story structure. It has print activities, pre-loaded digital activities for Seesaw and Google. It also includes activities for in the classroom or to film yourself doing for using zoom or in the classroom with anchor charts. Has printables for take home packets or in class! This can be used with any book!
Oh Story Structure! How many times have we all said… “Who are the characters?” “What is the setting?” ect. I personally love teaching all comprehension strategies. It is kind of my teaching jam! I have a strong belief in teaching comprehension strategies in the younger grades in order for them to fall in love with reading. I mean who really wants to just read words for nothing?! What I have done is developed my story structure ideas into a product that now makes it so you can teach story structure with ANY book that is a fiction story with a plot! That way no matter what program you are using you can tie these activities in with it. I have laid out for you a simple way to use “The Three Little Pigs” to help initially teach story structure in a fun act it out kind of way. Along with some simple worksheet to help them recognize story structure in pictures of well known stories. Other than that all crafts, graphic organizers, and ect have no limit to what book to tie it in with.
Google Slides and Seesaw Activities:
- Pre-recorded anchor chart video teaching students story structure with Simple Move and Place activity to introduce story structure.
- Story Structure Poem with audio
- Type on graphic organizers,
- Move and Place Activities
- Story Structure Posters
- Three Little Pigs Story with Draw the Story Structure Parts Activity
How do the digital files work?
- Teaching Outline Suggestions
- C.C.S.S. Addressed for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade
- Act Out Story Structure with The Three Little Pigs Activity
- Teaching Cards/ Anchor Poster Examples/ Posters for your Focus Wall
- Story Structure Poem
- Story Structure/Elements Graphic Organizer and Worksheets
- Interactive Notebook Pages- Settin, problem, solution, characters ect…
- Story Structure House Craft
- Frog Craft
- Balloon Craft
- Flower Craft
- Train Craft
- Cake Craft
- Story Structure Comprehension Tri-Folds (2)
Click here to buy it in my Comprehension Strategies Bundle!
Sequence of Events Goggle Slides already included- Seesaw will be added OCTOBER 14th PLUS new activities
Main Idea and Details Print Already included Seesaw and Google Coming in November
Author’s Purpose Google Slides already included- Seesaw will be added October 20th PLUS new activities
Compare and Contrast Google Slides already included- Seesaw will be added October 21st PLUS new activities
Cause and Effect Google Slides already included- Seesaw will be added in November
Understanding Characters Google and Seesaw Options already included
Summarizing Fiction and Non-fiction digital options coming in December
Text and Graphic Features digital options coming in November
Infer and Predict Digital Options coming in December
Drawing Conclusions Digital Options coming in January
- Everything is loaded into Google Slides and Seesaw
- You are provided with a PDF with clickable links to the activities. You will click the link, make your own copy, which you can send out and assign to your students. For Seesaw, make sure you are logged into your account. Click the links in the Seesaw PDF and add them to your Seesaw Library.
Copyright © Emily Barnes of Emily Education. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader only. Copying for more than one teacher, classroom, department, school, or school system is prohibited. This product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip-art and font credits.